Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Thoughts on Kenya






Processing my trip to Kenya is still a daily experience. So many memories to consider, so many thoughts to organize, so many faces to remember. Our visits to the schools, HIV+ orphanage, and The Nest have surfaced as my most cherished memories. Our VBS sessions, the morning in Tigoni visiting with people, and our worship time at the Banana Hill Baptist Church are priceless treasures. Getting to know Charles, Grace, Cristabel, Bosco, David, Jamima, Mary and others was a great privilege. Then there are the kids: Edith, Cherry, Lilian, GeGe, Elizabeth, Nathan, Michelle, Felix, Eddie, and hundreds of other children whose names I may never know but whose faces will stay with me forever. Our spots on the earth are far apart but we are all together. We are all living, breathing, loving people. Our lives are separate but we share together in friendship and faith. Part of my heart will remain in Kenya. I will never forget.

2 comments:

little david said...

That's right, Janie. You will never forget. I am so glad that you made this trip.

little david said...

Um, Janie, how about an update?