Sunday was a very restful day. We attended Banana Hill Baptist Church. The service lasted two hours and then we were served tea and cake. Experiencing worship together was exciting and heartwarming.
Now for some trivia. There is a large avocado tree in our backyard. While exploring the many plants and flowers in the huge yard I discovered it. DH has told me it was here. What a surprise to get under a tree with hundreds of avocados!!! I felt like a kid exploring a new world.
Today we attended chapel and then moved to the construction site. The work is at a point we would be more in the way than helpful if we tried to do anything. We did write a message including the name First Baptist Church with the scripture, II Corinthians 9:12-15. The cornerstone we wrote on will be below ground level by Wednesday. The workers that were near were curious about what we were doing so Stan told them the purpose for our writing the message. Two of the guys wrote the scripture down. How fortunate we are to be here at this time! The building is progressing quickly.
Tomorrow morning we leave for the safari. I am charging batteries!!
2 comments:
Can't wait to see your pix! I know you are finding new blessings in each creation!!!
pdw
Wasn't the avocado tree fun? And the people at BHBC are wonderful. I am glad you were able to attend services. Did anyone from your group preach?
Post a Comment