Today we took a trip that involved KUZURI BEAD FACTORY. It is a place where single mothers from the slums can come and make a living. They make jewelry out of pottery beads as well as other pottery. The tour of the factory was fascinating.
We visited an elephant orphanage and a giraffe shelter. Feeding a giraffe was a new experience for me! Riding through Nairobi and through the countryside is very unbelievable sight. So many people-everywhere. The weather today was perfect. The sunshine was a very welcome change.
The grounds around us are so beautiful. Kenya is a country of great contrast. We’ve had a very busy schedule so having a free afternoon tomorrow will be a welcome change. To post pictures I have to have Stan’s computer- maybe tomorrow.
I still can’t believe I’m here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can just see your eyes!!!
pdw
I have heard about the beaded jewelry factory. Did you buy some? You have such a talent in selecting unique pieces. Take care! CM
Hope you get a chance to go to Spinners' Web. They have hand-made items you are sure to like.
I am so impressed that you have kept with travel journals! Great job! It sounds like you and Ellen are experiencing a trip of a lifetime. I am enjoying reading and seeing your adventures and know that I am with you there in my heart and prayers.
Kathy
Post a Comment