No one has a better brother than I do. Since Jim is alittle older than me, I have never known life without him. Of course there are many stories to tell but, every year, around the fourth of July, I remember the summer Jim (accidentally) burned down the fireworks stand at Happy. He was helping sell fireworks with the boy who ran the stand. He shot a bottle rocket from the counter that backfired. My dad was very calm but told Jim he would have to pay half the cost. Being a young kid, money earned was treasured. It took Jim quite awhile to pay his part but he did so without question. Jim is a very honest, hardworking, intelligent man. I know he would do anything for me. Stories of sister, Susan, will come later.
4 comments:
Wow, I'll bet THAT was a show! Good thing nobody lost any fingers or ears or anything.
What a story!! I like your blog! It is very cute! Thank you for your prayers and support! I can't wait for Kenya reports and pictures! :)
I think it sounds dangerous!!!
Um, Janie, did you run out of ideas? How about describing your feelings re the impending trip to Africa?
Post a Comment